Is your Logitech wireless keyboard not working, but the mouse is working fine? And now you are confused about what to do? Don’t worry. This is a problem that Logitech users frequently report.
Start with the basics – ensure fresh batteries and connectivity. Try reconnecting the keyboard and updating its drivers. If the issue persists, reset the keyboard settings and experiment with different USB ports. If all else fails, consult the experts for professional computer repair services.
What To Do If Your Logitech Wireless Keyboard is Not Working, But Mouse is Fine?
Follow these steps by FixMyGadget, if your Logitech wireless keyboard is not working, but the mouse is fine, and you don’t know what to do.
Resync Your Logitech Keyboard
The first trick in the bag is to resynchronize your Logitech keyboard with the receiver. It’s a bit like getting them to talk to each other again:
- Unplug the USB receiver from your computer.
- Wait a few moments and then plug it back in – this can freshen up the connection.
- Look for a button on the receiver or keyboard itself to initiate the pairing process. Your keyboard’s user manual will have the specifics.
Reset Your Logitech Keyboard
If resyncing doesn’t cut it, you might need to reset your keyboard settings. It can sometimes help in clearing out any gremlins:
- Head to your computer’s Control Panel or System Preferences, depending on your OS.
- Find the “Keyboard” settings.
- Hunt for an option to reset or restore keyboard settings back to default.
Deactivate Filter Keys
Filter Keys can be a sneaky culprit when your keyboard acts up. Disabling this feature can do the trick:
- On your computer, open the Control Panel or System Preferences.
- Navigate to the “Ease of Access” or “Accessibility” settings.
- Find “Filter Keys” and make sure it’s turned off.
Restart HID (Human Interface Device)
Your keyboard and mouse are considered HID devices. Sometimes, restarting them can help:
- Go to your Device Manager (you can find this by searching in your Start menu).
- Locate your keyboard under the “Keyboards” section, right-click, and select “Disable.”
- Wait a moment and then right-click again to “Enable” it.
This one is important if your Logitech wireless keyboard is not working, but the mouse is fine, and you don’t know what to do.
Outdated or corrupt drivers can wreak havoc. Try uninstalling and then restarting your computer to let it reinstall automatically:
- In the Device Manager, right-click your keyboard and choose “Uninstall device.”
- Reboot your computer to reinstall the necessary drivers.
Update the Keyboard Drivers
On the topic of drivers, keeping them up to date is crucial:
- Open Device Manager.
- Right-click your keyboard under “Keyboards” and select “Update driver.”
- Opt for automatic online updates or browse your computer for the latest driver software.
Reinstall the Logitech Software
Reinstalling the Logitech software can sometimes work wonders:
- Uninstall the current Logitech software from your computer.
- Download the latest version from Logitech’s official website and install it.
Test the Batteries
Fresh batteries are a must for wireless devices. Make sure they aren’t the culprits:
- Replace the batteries in your keyboard with fresh ones. It might be as simple as that.
Follow the aforementioned tips to fix your Logitech Bluetooth keyboard is not working or the wireless Logitech keyboard is not working but the mouse is fine, and you don’t know what to do If none of these solutions seem to do the trick, you could be dealing with a hardware issue. In this case, it might be time to consider professional help. Reach out to experts for assistance and repair services. Sometimes, a trained technician can identify and fix the problem much more effectively.
So there you have it – By following this comprehensive guide you can fix your Logitech wireless keyboard that is not working but the mouse is and also, you can easily fix your Logitech slim folio keyboard when it’s not working. For more information, refer to the FAQ section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I fix my wireless keyboard not typing?
To fix a wireless keyboard not typing, try replacing the batteries and resyncing it with the receiver.
2. How do I get my Logitech wireless keyboard to work?
To get your Logitech wireless keyboard to work, ensure it has fresh batteries and reconnect it to the USB receiver.
3. Why is my wireless mouse not working, but my keyboard is?
If your wireless mouse isn’t working but the keyboard is, check for battery issues or try resyncing the mouse with its receiver.